Finding a job

What jobs are there?

We may have jobs available in both metropolitan and country areas. We need:

  • nurses and midwives
  • doctors – all specialisations
  • mental health workers
  • allied health professionals, including:
    • physiotherapy
    • occupational therapy
    • podiatry.

More information about careers in WA Health.

Search for jobs in Health.

Professional recognition

Each profession has its own rules for recognition of qualifications gained outside of WA, whether within Australia or overseas, including:

  • doctors
  • nurses and midwives
  • allied health
  • health science professionals.

Police clearance

Everyone working in the WA health system requires a police clearance certificate. Australians must obtain this from the police service of the state where they live.

Applicants who will be employed in an area that cares for children (under the age of 18) will also need to pass a working with children check (external site).

Overseas applicants

All overseas applicants will need a visa and a clean criminal record. You will also need to pass a working with children check if you will be employed in an area that cares for children under the age of 18.

Employees from overseas are required by WA Health to undergo a criminal record check from any country where they have lived for more than 12 months in the past 10 years and an Australia-wide police check.

We employ professionals from overseas on working holiday visas, appropriate student visas, appropriate temporary work visas and permanent residency visas. Anyone from any country can apply to migrate to Australia.

WA Health can assist with sponsorship for temporary or permanent residency visas only (conditions apply). Applicants are responsible for obtaining all other types of visas.

All sponsored overseas employees must take out and maintain comprehensive private health insurance for themselves, their spouse and all dependants. This insurance cover must be maintained for the duration of sponsorship and may be taken out with an insurer or fund of your choice.

You will also need to set up an Australian bank account.

Our hospitals