Subacute Care InterProfessional Education resource (SCIPE)
The WA Health Training Centre in Subacute Care (TRACS WA) developed the Subacute Care InterProfessional Education resource (SCIPE) in 2013 with funding made available by Health Workforce Australia.
The resource is designed for clinical supervisors working in subacute care services - rehabilitation, older adult mental health and geriatric evaluation and management. It consists of:
- an e-learning module for students to complete prior to the placement (Introduction to Subacute Care)
- five subacute care Modules, including teaching and self-directed learning materials, that can be delivered by a clinical supervisor from any profession in one hour face to face sessions. The modules cover:
Caring for yourself
Benefits of SCIPE
- can reduce preparation time for clinical supervisors
- can increase capacity to take more students at the same time
- is flexible – students can join or leave the program at any time
- is free
- can be used in all subacute settings including inpatient, outpatient, community, day therapy and home based services.
|For the Student
Complete the e-learning module then download the student materials prior to your placement
Introduction to subacute care e-learning module
|For the Supervisor
See the supervisor's manual for guidance on how to use these materials
SCIPE Power Point Presentations
SCIPE Speaker Notes
SCIPE Student Handouts
File FormatsSome documents for download on this website are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To read these files you might need to download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.