What is the registry?
The Western Australian Cancer Registry collects information about cancer diagnoses across the state.
We use this information to produce statistics which allow us to :
- monitor the number of new cases of cancer
- plan services for the control of cancer and the care of cancer patients
- evaluate the effectiveness of cancer prevention and treatment services
- provide data for research into cancer
A separate register records asbestos exposure and other history for all cases of malignant mesothelioma.
What information is collected?
Information about patients with cancer includes:
- name and address
- date of birth
- country of birth
- whether they are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- location and type of each cancer
- doctor and medical service