Infringement Notices may be issued by an Authorised Officer to any vehicle parked in contravention of the Health Services (Conduct and Traffic) Regulations 2016 at any Metropolitan Hospital. Infringement notices are part of a legal process and should not be ignored.
The Metropolitan Access and Parking Department administer the infringement process for the following sites;
- Armadale-Kelmscott Memorial Hospital
- Bentley Hospital (coming soon)
- Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Fremantle Hospital
- Graylands Hospital and Frankland Centre (coming soon)
- King Edward Memorial Hospital
- Osborne Park Hospital
- Rockingham General Hospital
- Royal Perth Hospital
If you receive an Infringement Notice at any other Metropolitan Hospital please refer to instructions on your infringement or go to the hospital’s individual web site or web page.
Infringement Notice Options
The following options are available on or before the due date:
- Pay the Modified Penalty
- Complete a statutory declaration if you were not the responsible person or driver of the vehicle at the time
- Dispute the infringement
- Make an election to go to court
Payment of the Modified Penalty
Payment of the modified penalty on or before the due date can be made:
- At any Post Office by presenting the actual ticket
- By credit card by phoning 1800 753 191 Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm
- By cheque or money order, made payable to Metropolitan Access and Parking and posted to;
Metropolitan Access and Parking, PO Box 1135, Osborne Park WA 6916
- In person Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm at MAPD, Hawthorn House, 100 Flinders St, Mt Hawthorn WA 6016
Paying the modified penalty will not be regarded as an admission for the purposes of any civil or criminal court case. If you need more time to pay, please make contact with MAPD on 1800 753 191 or MAPD.Infringements@health.wa.gov.au.
The responsible person of the vehicle will be presumed to have been the driver or person in charge of the vehicle unless the modified penalty is paid or the following information is supplied:
- The name and address of the driver or person in charge of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence; or
- Information showing that at the time of the alleged offence the vehicle had been stolen, or unlawfully taken, or was being unlawfully used.
A Printable Statutory Declaration Form (PDF 39KB) is available.
For further information see the Criminal Procedure Act 2004 section 13 (www.slp.wa.gov.au).
If you consider that you have good reason to have this notice withdrawn, you may first dispute the offence informally in writing. To avoid enforcement action and additional fees, appeals need to be submitted on or before the notice due date. With the exception of FSH, please submit your appeal to the Metropolitan Access and Parking Department;
- by mail to: MAPD, PO Box 1135, Osborne Park DC WA 6916
- scan and email to: MAPD.Infringements@health.wa.gov.au
- fax to: 9225 3933
A Printable Infringement Appeal Form (PDF 48KB) is available.
For FSH, please submit your appeal to the Fiona Stanley Hospital Parking Department;
- by mail to: FSH Parking Department, Locked Bag 100, Palmyra DC WA 6961
- scan and email to: FSH.Parking@health.wa.gov.au
Please refer to the parking information at the FSH website for an Infringement Appeal Form.
Election to Go to Court
You may wish to attend court in relation to the alleged offence you have committed. If so you must complete the Election to go to Court section of the Infringement Notice and post it to;
Metropolitan Access and Parking PO Box 1135 Osborne Park WA 6916
This should be considered your final option as costs may be incurred if findings are against you.
Outstanding Infringement Fees
If you choose not to follow one of the options available and the Infringement Notice remains unpaid you may be prosecuted or enforcement action may be taken under the Fines, Penalties and Infringement Notices Enforcement Act 1994.
If enforcement proceedings are taken against you and you fail to pay; your driver’s licence and/or vehicle licence may be suspended or cancelled; your personal details may be published on a website; your vehicle may be immobilised and its number plates may be removed and your property may be seized and sold.
If you are prosecuted in a court and convicted of this offence the Full Penalty can be imposed and court costs will be added.
For further information regarding Infringement Notices please contact;
Metropolitan Access and Parking Department (MAPD)
Tel: 1800 753 191
Fax: 08 9225 3933
Post: MAPD, PO Box 1135, Osborne Park DC WA 6916