Who we are
The Western Australian Centre for Mental Health Policy Research was set up in 2006 as a Statewide resource to research key policy and health service issues facing mental health in Western Australia.
Research priorities are determined by their potential to improve mental health services in Western Australia.
The key objectives of the Centre are to:
- Act as a key provider of mental health policy research to the mental health system in WA.
- Build a collaborative relationship between public mental health services, non-government and private agencies, and universities to produce mental health policy research relevant to the sector.
- Transfer the knowledge gained from mental health policy research to the mental health service sector.
- Stimulate debate on matters of significance in mental health policy.
- Strengthen the policy research capability of the mental health workforce.