Central Referral Service
The Central Referral Service (CRS) will be a new way to manage specialist outpatient referrals in the public health system. The CRS will lead to a more coordinated, standardised and sustainable model for elective service referral management to assist patients to receive their care within a clinically appropriate time frame, in the most appropriate location.
The CRS is expected to be operational towards the end of 2013 and aims to:
- Standardise and streamline the referral process for first specialist outpatient with increasing electronic functionality over time.
- Improve access and reduce patient delays for initial outpatient appointment and therefore subsequent downstream services.
- Allocate referrals to the most appropriate site, based on patient location, specialty required, level of service required, and demand measures across the system.
- Project Summary (PDF 268KB)
- FAQs (PDF 233KB)
- Central Referral Service Information Session (PPTX 251KB)
For any queries or additional information please contact the CRS team via: firstname.lastname@example.org