Human Research Ethics Committee
The Department of Health WA Human Research Ethics Committee (DOH HREC) is a Human Research Ethics Committee with special responsibility for oversight of the use and disclosure of personal health information held in the Department of Health data collections.
About DOH HREC
- Terms of Reference (PDF 334KB)
- Standard Operating Procedures (PDF 392KB)
- Practice Code for the Use of Personal Health Information (PDF 254KB)
- Members (PDF 112KB)
- 2013 Meeting dates (PDF 44KB)
- Project Summaries for Approved Proposals
- Annual Reports
Do you need DOH HREC approval for your project?
The HREC application process
Applicants for ethics approval please note that the Committee expects an application to be finalised (proofread, edited and corrected) before submission. This particularly applies to participant information sheets and consent forms.
Participant information sheets should be relevant to the needs of the participants in each project and written in plain English.
A full DOH HREC application comprises the WA Health Ethics Application Form or the National Ethics Application Form v2.0 (NEAF) with the WA Specific Module, plus the Application for Data Form and any relevant supporting documentation.
- WA Health Ethics Application Form (Word 677KB)
- Western Australian-Specific Module (Word 239KB)
Complete in Conjunction with the National Ethics Application Form Version 2.0 (www.neaf.gov.au (external site))
- DS001 – Application for Data Form (Word 384KB)
- HREC003 – Annual Progress Report (Word 185KB)
- HREC004 – Final Report (Word 239KB)
- HREC005 – Amendment Request Form (Word 280KB)
- HREC006 – Confidentiality Agreement for Researchers (PDF 67KB)
- HREC007 – Confidentiality Acknowledgement (for WA public sector employees) (PDF 141KB)
- HREC009 – Application for Ethical Review: Projects that do not Include an Application for Department of Health WA Data (Word 490KB)
HREC Executive Officer
(08) 9222 4278