Child and Adolescent
Budget, activity and workforce
- As part of the broader WA Health system, CAHS has implemented Activity Based Funding and Management, a framework integrating clinical services planning, funding, resource allocation, resource utilisation, service delivery and quality management.
- As a result, CAHS will be funded on the basis of expected activity.
- The budget for CAHS in 2011/12 is $375 million.
In 2010/11 the following activity was recorded for Princess Margaret Hospital for Children:
- 26 366 inpatient separations
- 12 821 surgical procedures including 7983 elective procedures
- 67 253 emergency department presentations
- 365 985 outpatient occasions of service
- 46 Ambulatory Care Day Facility presentations
- 637 Hospital In the Home visits.
- CAHS currently employs approximately 3370 people across 2580 full-time equivalent positions, including:
- more than 1300 nursing staff
- more than 460 medical officers
- more than 780 allied health staff
- more than 120 hotel services staff
- more than 650 other staff.
- Workforce support programs include:
- education and training integrated into the workplace
- leadership development program offered in conjunction with North Metropolitan Health Service.