Defence Reserves Policy
- Defence Employer Support Payment Scheme 03/08/2009
The Employer Support Payment (ESP) Scheme provides financial assistance to eligible employers to help offset the costs of releasing employees for most categories of Australian Defence Force service.
- Defence Reserve Service - Your obligations as an employer 03/08/2009
Under the Defence Reserve Service (Protection) Act 2001, employers have a range of obligations in respect of ADF Reservists. When protection provisions are in force, the employer, in summary, is required to:
- not hinder, in any way, a member from carrying out Defence Service or becoming a member of the ADF Reserves
- re-employ the member after Defence Service
- not compel members to use annual leave/long service leave for Defence Service
- treat the employee as on leave without pay during call-out and protected voluntary Continuous Full Time Service
- Employer Support Payments (PDF 594KB) 19/07/2006
CDF has recently signed a new Approval which provides enhanced support under the ESP scheme.
- OP 1107/98 - State Government Support for the Defence Reserves 05/05/2000
- Operational Circular OP 2097/06 - Defence Force Leave and Defence Employer Support Payments for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Health Staff 01/09/2006
An updated policy on Military Leave entitlements and Employer Support Payments.