Information for Patients, Carers and Community
Where to find authoritative information on anaphylaxis and resources:
- Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) (external site) is a professional medical organisation which promotes education and the highest standard of ethical medical practice. ASCIA provides education resources for consumers.
- ASCIA fact sheet for parents of children at risk of Anaphylaxis in WA (external site)
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia Inc (A&AA) (external site) is a patient support organisation which provides a range of educational resources which are evidence based for a range of target audiences including individuals, schools, childcare services, food service providers and health professionals.
Learning about anaphylaxis prevention, management and emergency response:
- ASCIA anaphylaxis first aid (community) e-training course is available free of charge (external site)
Where can carers and patients can find support for anaphylaxis?
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia Inc (A&AA) (external site) is a consumer support organisation dedicated to helping individuals and their carers manage anaphylaxis. A&AA’s aim is to help people cope with everyday life whilst minimising risk to their health and wellbeing. They can also guide you in approaches to promote awareness of anaphylaxis in your community.
Providing information about you child's risk of anaphylaxis to their child care service and school
- At enrolment and when there is any change to your child’s medical conditions, it is important to inform your child’s school or child care and, to provide an up to date health care plan and an ASCIA Action Plan both completed by your child’s doctor, and medication for your child.
Public Schools - Department of Education WA
- Student Health Care Policy (external site) and Student Health Care Plan (external site)
- Form 1 - student health care summary (external site)
- Form 4 - severe allergy/anaphylaxis management plan and emergency response plan (external site)
- Form 5 - mild and moderate allergies management plan and emergency response plan (external site)
- Section D - ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis (Personal) (external site)
- Public Schools - Department of Education WA