Healthy@Home is WA Health’s community-based services (often called ambulatory care) that helps patients manage their health, maintain their independence, and stay out of hospital. The services provided help prevent people from unnecessarily entering hospital and assist people exiting hospital sooner. It involves doctors, specialists and allied health professionals and usually, this care takes place at the patient’s home, in the community or in another setting such as a doctor’s clinic.
Who is eligible?
- Routine conditions with predictable needs and outcomes.
- Acute and chronic medical conditions that can be efficiently managed by a combination of home visits, clinic-based services and community-based programs and services.
What services are provided?
Services provided in the Perth metropolitan area include:
- Community Physiotherapy Services
- Falls Linkage Independence Program (FLIP)
- Hospital in the Home services (HITH)
Benefits of the Healthy@Home program
Benefits for you, as a patient, include:
- Reduced time spent in hospital.
- Reduced number of stays in hospital (particularly for people with diabetes, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Chronic Heart Failure).